Lookup Dropdown showing ID Values in InfoPath Form 2010

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Showing ID values on InfoPath lookup dropdown? Just change the lookup values on the Dropdown properties. Check my sample list and form below.

On my example, I created my 1st list called “Companies”. This is my lookup list. Then, I created a 2nd list. This list will be my main list that will use the InfoPath form.


Lookup Dropdown ID Values InfoPath 2010

As you can see on the InfoPath form, the lookup dropdown is showing ID values from Companies list.


Lookup Dropdown ID Values InfoPath 2010

To change these values, right click the Companies lookup dropdown on Design mode then choose Drop-Down List Box Properties.


Lookup Dropdown ID Values InfoPath 2010

Change the Display Name option to Title or the column that you want to be shown on your dropdown.


Lookup Dropdown ID Values InfoPath 2010

Then click OK, your lookup dropdown is now showing text values but bear in mind that the real value of that dropdown is ID (integer).


Lookup Dropdown ID Values InfoPath 2010

Choose a platform and click the tab to comment :)
0 Comments
Disqus
Fb Comments
Comments :

No comments:

Post a Comment